Wednesday 24 July 2013

Cool Quesadillas

So you remember the Cool Summer Chilli I posted about? Well I had some left over (which freezes really well by the way!) so I whipped up these super quick Quesadillas. These are great for a mid-week dinner as they are ready in minutes!



Ingredients:

Flour tortillas
Leftover chilli
Cheese (mozzarella is best, but cheddar also works fine)
Butter or margarine

Method:

Heat a large, flat frying pan.

Lightly butter one side of the tortillas and lay in the pan. Cover one half of the tortilla with the chilli mix and top with a sprinkle of cheese.

Fold the other half of the tortilla over and press down onto the chilli. Head this through for about 4 minutes on a relatively high heat then turn over once golden brown and crisp. Repeat on the other side. Serve straight from the pan.

Serving suggestion:

I usually serve this with a light salad of rocket and watercress which was the plan for tonight, but my fridge was on the blink and my salad crisped a little bit too much...


If you want to jazz it up a bit more, top with a squirt of a hot sauce (Nando’s is good, although I hate to be a corporate sell out; maybe a homemade chilli sauce should be a summer project...) and a good spoon full of sour cream to offset the heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment